Taylor Simpson is an American photographer based in sunny Palm Springs, California.
Specialising in the intersection of travel and design photography, she seeks to capture design-focused destinations that celebrate human ingenuity, harmony with nature, and above all, colour.
Having travelled for months at a time through the Balkans, Southeast Asia and the western United States, she believes in the life changing magic of slow and considered travel.
What or who most influences your work?
- I am greatly influenced by unique architecture and vivid use of colour. I find I am most drawn to capturing modern design, and places that evoke feelings of an endless summer.
Describe your photographic style for us in three words
- Optimistic, Transportive, Timeless
Where is the most inspiring place you’ve travelled to and photographed in your career so far?
- I would have to say overall, Palm Springs. I’ve been based here for three years now and am inspired by the emphasis on design and constant creativity that flows through the city. There truly is no place else like it.
If you could own a print by any photographer, whose would it be and why?
- Slim Aarons, of course! His work is eternally captivating to me. It feels ageless and like a window to a different world.
What has photography taught you about the world?
- Trying to capture the essence of place has taught me that we are all more alike than we tend to believe, and that humans are wildly inventive and creative.
Browse Taylor's work for sale here
Top to bottom: "Blue Door" and "Contemporary Home" by Taylor Simpson